- November, 21, 2017
- Postd by : Admin
When you visit different Dentists Hidden Hills CA and all of them suggest a root canal treatment, you might be interested in learning about this treatment.
When Is Root Canal Treatment Suggested?
Dentists Camarillo CA generally suggests this treatment for their patients for repairing and for saving a badly infected or damaged tooth. So, your dentist would have suggested you this treatment for any of these reasons.
What Does The Procedure Involve?
During the root canal treatment, dentists Tarzana CA will get rid of the damaged area of the tooth called as the pulp. Your dentist will clean the damaged area and will disinfect it. Then, he/she will fill it and will seal it.
How Is The Pulp Affected?
The common causes of the infection in the pulp are trauma, repeated dental treatment to the tooth, a deep cavity or a cracked tooth. The term root canal is given to this treatment because it involves cleaning of the canals present inside the root of the tooth.
What to Expect During a Root Canal Treatment?
Dentists West Hills CA would have suggested this treatment to you only after an X-ray. So, X-ray is generally the first step in the process before the treatment actually begins. The X-ray would have helped the dentist in identifying the exact location of the decay. When you visit for the treatment, again an X-ray might be taken to mark the area the dentist should attend. Then, the following processes follows:
- Anesthesia: After an X-ray, the dentists Calabasas CA will generally begin with administering an anesthesia to the affected tooth. You need not have to fear about pain as the root canal is no more painful as compared to a filling.
- Pulpectomy: This is the step, where an opening is made by the dentist for removing the pulp from the root of the diseased tooth.
- Filling: Once the pulp is removed, the canals will be filled using gutta-percha. This is nothing, but a special material that can seal the canals and can safeguard the tooth from bacteria.
- Shaping of tooth: Now, the dentist will shape the tooth. Once this is done, it will be ready for the final restoration.
- Final tooth restoration: Even though some tooth can be restored with the help of a dental filling, most will need porcelain crown for the best protection. It will help with restoring the size, function and also the shape of the natural tooth.
How Many Appointments Are Needed For Root Canal Treatment?
Dentists Malibu CA generally suggests that root canal treatment will need a couple of appointments.
When Is Root Canal Treatment Effective?
Dentists Thousand Oak CA is of the opinion that root canal treatment is the excellent choice for patients, who look for an excellent alternative to tooth extraction. This is a blessing of modern dentistry to prevent extraction of the natural tooth.
Professional dentists Agoura Hills CA can offer you the best root canal treatment if you live in this part of California.